Thursday, January 29, 2009

My first official post!

So a few months ago I finally bit the bullet and joined the community of facebook. Before that I saw it as sort of like Children of the Corn...a group of brain-washed drones that cause you trouble until you join up with them, but now that I have joined I have no more doubts. I waste more time on there than I do sleeping, although it has allowed me to get in touch (and stay in touch as well) with people I haven't seen in some time.

So now after reading blogs from friends for a few months now, I've decided to take this plunge as well and start a blog for my family. Soon I'll have the skinny pants and fuzzy moon boots and hail praises to the mighty Obama just to join up with every other new fad that's coming along. My feelings on blogs previously were that I didn't think anyone else would care enough about my family to want to read a blog about us, but I figured that this was a lot easier than keeping a family journal, and my kids can read about our family life years from now.

So here it is. I'll probably spend now more time on here than I do with my kids, all for the sake of posterity. But I hope that this will be fun for the whole family, and I'm sure I'll let my oldest, Joram, take a crack at writing as well. Anyways, I hope for those of you who actually read this garbage, enjoy. If you just came to look at the pictures, well, there aren't any yet. Come back later when I figure out how to do that stuff.

3 comments:

  1. My first official comment!

    So at first I was thinking that nobody would ever actually read these posts, and then I decided that it would be a good way to make fun of Link - whom I dearly love. So then I decided to go ahead and create a comment to the post and, you know, be part of history or something. It warms my heart that years from now, Lincoln's son, Joram, will be reading the first post and see this first comment. I'm sure it will be fun for the whole family.

    - Dave (who served along with Elder Rath back in 98 in Oakdale, California)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogger world! I too, am guilty of spending too much time on here - but surprisingly, lots of people read the darn thing. Go Figure! Looking forward to the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you kidding? You already look like you've got more on this blog stuff down than I do!

    My advice (which I'm going against as I write - I just got on to start my Playlist while I clean while the kids are napping) - if you want to post something, wait until the kids are in bed and then post and try to post the same day. Again, I'm behind here too because I have the twins' birthday and party to blog and an update on our bathroom remodel to post.

    So excited that you guys are on blogger now. I'll check back in when you have more on the financial situation of this great country. Hear, hear on the "stimulus" package! WHAT?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete