Thursday, February 05, 2009

Out of the mouth of babes...

A friend's blog that I follow had humorous saying of their kids, and I loved the idea (and thankfully I had been doing this on my PDA for some time already). I had originally posted this on the side, but fearing the eventual size, I decided to put it in regular post so that they'd be archived, and I'll just keep adding as they happen. There'll be a link on the left to bring you back here in the future.

06 May 2011
On the drive home from picking Joram from school.
me: Did they talked about the death of Osama bin Laden at school today?
Joram: A little, but who is he?
me: He's a terrorist. Do you know what a terrorist is?
Joram: Kind of, but can you tell me?
me: Well, they're evil people who attack others to hurt and scare them.
Joram: That's not what I thought a terrorist was at all.
me: What did you think a terrorist was?
Joram: One of those people who vacation in other countries and take pictures.
me: That's not a terrorist, that's a tourist!

01 June 2009
Nancy was reading Cinderella to the kids and was as the part about Anastasia and Drisella tearing Cinderella's dress and Kiran was concerned, saying,
K- Anastasia and Drisella are mean, like Laman and Lemuel.
(This may only make sense to some of you. If it doesn't, ask me about it)

27 May 2009
Disclaimer: This posting is only suitable for adults.
Now that I've said that, the girls got into our travel toiletries bag, and here's what ensued.
Joram- Mom, Dad, the girls played with something in your room!
The girls came running out, Kiran first, saying...
Kiran- Nisha played with the gloves.
...and Nisha following right behind her with condoms over both arms.

30 April 2009
So we were driving in the car and talking about, what else, bugs. I was telling the Nancy and the kids about a huge praying mantis I once saw.
Me- I was looking out of the window that went to the greenhouse room and I saw...
Kiran- Excuse me, daddy. How can a window walk?
Me- What? What are talking about?
K- You said the window went to the greenhouse room.
Me- (after laughing hysterically) Kiran, I meant that the windows were between my room and the greenhouse room.
K- Ohhhhh, now I understand.

17 April 2009
We were all driving and the girls were calling each other "bad girl" in the back of the van.
N- Daddy, Kiran called me a bad girl!
Me- Nisha, are you a good girl or a bad girl?
N- I'm a bad girl, ha ha ha ha ha(cackling evily)!

09 April 2009
I was driving to take Joram to school and we came up next to a 70s-80s Ferrari 308 GTB, a very classic car driven by the famous Thomas Magnum from Magnum P.I. and I asked Joram if he knew what a Ferrari was.
J- That's the kind of trip people take when they go in a jungle.
L- (laughing) No, Joram, that's a safari!

25 March 2009
I was taking Kiran to bed and since many nights she sleeps in her sleeping bag in the floor, tonight I asked her if she wanted to sleep on the bed or on the floor.
K- (very seriously)I propose that I clean up right here and put my sleeping bag down here to sleep.

18 March 2009
Nisha was jumping onto Nancy on the chair and laughing about it. At one point she laughed real hard and snorted...
Ni- I made a pig!

Nancy went outside to get the mail with all 3 kids and by the time Joram got his shoes on Nan and the girls were already done, so he got sad.
Nan-Joram's just being glum.
Me- What's going on?
K- My brother is being glum, glummy-glum-glum!

We were at the store looking at stuff and as we passed by the woman's clothing section Nan paused to look at something on sale, and Kiran ran over to the other side of the aisle and grabbed a bra...
K- Booby, booby thingies!

14 March 2009
We were kneeling down for family prayers last night before bed and I asked Kiran to say the prayer. We've been working with them from as young as possible to help them say prayers, and as they get older we work with them to say their own prayers rather than the same one every time. For example, a few weeks ago Kiran was asked to give the prayer in Primary and she said K- Father, thank Thee for this day. Bless we can sleep good tonight. In Jesus name. Amen.

So this time, as we knelt down, I wanted to remind her what to say.
Me-Remember to think about your prayer first.
K- Heavenly Father, thank Thee for this day. Remember to think about prayer first. In Jesus name. Amen.
You just can't make these things up sometimes!

05 March 2009
Joram's least favorite subject in school is geography, and on the drive home I asked him what the capitol of Arizona was.
J- Do you mean the capitalized A?

22 September 2007
Joram was telling us about his friends in his class.
J- Two people can have the same name like 2 girls in my class, so we should have another boy and name him Joram.

16 June 2007
Nancy, the kids, and I were driving on a trip.
Nan- Look at the horse and mule.
J- What's a mule?
Nan- A donkey.
J- Then why didn't you just say donkey?

Later on the same drive.
J- Do you know what planet I want to go to? Planet Pluto!
K- I want to go to Planet Mickey!

11 June 2007
I was singing a Dora the Explorer song, and Kiran put her hand on my cheek and said, "Good job, daddy!"

10 April 2007
I asked Joram how he liked dinner his mom made.
J- It's edible.

After dinner they were eating sour snacks for dessert.
J- It's so sour it makes my eyes blink!

I also wrote on this day that every time I got home from school Kiran came running up to me saying, "Daddy, daddy, I'm so glad to see you!" in a very mature voice like I'm an old friend.

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I love the things kids say! Funny that I just wrote one about Trevy. She says, "I lub it?" every night when she gets a little toothpaste on her teeth. (Yep, in question form.)

    ReplyDelete