Monday, February 23, 2009

It's about time for level financial heads

Early this morning Mr. Obama held a conference to get to the bottom of the out-of-control government spending and told members of Congress, and the American people, that something has to change. Really? Isn't this some kind of revelation that should have been reached before a 1 trillion plus bill was shoved through Congress and just signed by the president? He also said that we would have to start making "the tough decisions" about where to spend our money and what areas would have to go without. I'm not sure which was the tough decision for Mr. Obama in this bill, whether to give $2.2 million to partisan community groups like ACORN, or spending on the mob museum in Nevada, or possibly buying new electric cars for Washington politicians? What did the American people have to give up to get these "needs," without which the US economy would fall apart? It's a good thing that Mr. Obama is on top of the unnecessary fiscal spending in government, otherwise how much money would we Americans actually be on the hook for? I'm just saddened that my children will still be paying for this monstrosity 20 years from now. And I thought we were supposed to make life better for our kids.

1 comment:

  1. HI Lincon! Your family is beautiful!!! I hope you are well; I think it has been 10 years since I have seen you...cant believe it. I am glad I now know where to find you :)

    ReplyDelete