Thursday, April 02, 2009

Kids grow way too fast!

So we had a couple birthdays in the last few weeks. Nisha turned 3 on the 8th of last month, and Joram turned 7 last Saturday. They grow up way too quickly. Because Nisha is our baby, it seems wrong that she is so old now. I'm just thankful that she's almost completely free of diapers, and last night was her first night without them on. Kiran has been doing it for a couple weeks with just a few overnight accidents, and Nisha is nearly there as well.

For Nisha's birthday we went to our old birthday staple, Peter Piper Pizza, because they have decent pizza and the kids just run around playing games the whole time. My parents and two of my siblings came down to join us. But for Joram's birthday, my dad wanted to take him to a place in Gilbert called Amazing Jakes. It's like a miniature indoor theme park/buffet. It was a blast...for the first 2 hours. After that it got a little old but we stayed longer because my parents bought Joram a 3-hour ride pass that he could ride unlimited for 3 hours, while the rest of us had to actually buy our rides, which ranged from $2-5 apiece, not to mention the hundreds of arcade games they had as well.

It was fun to go there once, but I'm not sure we'll go back. It seemed a little of a downer to me because it asn't quite the excitement of a real theme park, of which I've been quite fortunate to visit many in my time. This place seems perfect for ages 9-12 because they're tall enough to go on every ride, and not too old to be "too cool" for kid stuff. Joram is tall for his height (we'll see how many of you get that one) so he had a blast as could go on nearly every ride except the race cars. Kiran was tall enough to go on a few rides, but the only one she really liked (and I mean she REALLY LIKED it) was ride that 7 kids sat on a bench and buckled in and it went up and down very quickly. Her first time she sat next to Joram and Kiran just giggled and giggled and giggled the whole time. She went on the ride at least 4 more times, without Joram most of them, and when we weren't on it she'd ask about the "up-and-down" ride constantly. She even woke up from her nap yesterday and cam out to tell us about the up and down ride...making us think she was just dreaming about it. Nisha was extremely sad because she couldn't go on anything, so Nancy just held her the whole time to comfort her...and they played the skeet shoot game a whole lot!

It was a fun month, but thankfully we don't have any birthdays for a while. I don't think I can handle that much fun all at once for some time still. Wow, I think I'm getting old. Well, if I am getting old, than so are all of you...

No comments:

Post a Comment